Sunday, February 27, 2011

End of the month...already?

In like a lion, and out like a lamb. Guess that sums this months dev pretty well.

Exactly the opposite for everything else in the home. As the month went on I found less and less time for programming, and more and more time for the things I need doing around the house. General handyman type stuff - the twins requiring more attention - and spring arriving, so I have to start whipping the lawn (very unkempt from it's last owner) into shape and a brand new garden started.

I managed to get a bunch of the groundwork stuff done for a couple of things on the to-do list, I've decided to follow the original game on reset - have it go for 2 screens warm up before restarting the level, and I'm glad I did as a lot of the older code had the original test map hardcoded in - I never got around to making it use the map structures (which when setup right, would make changing maps for stages very simple). This still needs completing, but it's close.

While thumbing through the code to address this, there were several old placeholders for things that needed doing/fixing for bullets, bombs, and their explosions on reset - so I got that cleaned up and tidied up somewhat, and started tying a lot of the common functions for updating/drawing/erasing/background saving together. This also needs finishing, but it's cleaning the code up and making it a bit tighter.

Once it's written down it seems like a bit more - but not as much *visible* progress as I'd have liked to see.

No comments: