Sunday, August 28, 2011

Well....crap.

After slogging it out all week the cpu and fans arrived. I waited till the kids were in bed, busted out the screwdrivers and went to work. I cleaned out the case good and proper, took out cards, put in the cpu and fan and..... nothing.

Honestly, this is the most problems any computer has given me for over a decade - even my clunker A2000 was easier, and I had to bust out the soldering iron and chip extracter to get that running.

So, after some chat with some buddies over skype we all agree - I may as well soldier on rather than just trying to put together a brand new PC.. so hitting up NewEgg yet again I decided on a new motherboard that fits what I have (easy choice, there's only one).

I'll be possibly ordering it tomorrow if I have time - I have another weeks work out at the farm, and some more money for the house will be a good thing.. So I'll see where I stand at the end of the day before I cut myself a paycheck from my online business.

Given that I have at least another week before I can work on that again, I've set out to getting this laptop set up to do a bit of development. I'll be backing up everything I do so I can load it back onto whatever permanent system I end up using, and back to the amiga. I've managed to engineer as many dodgy parts as I could find to rig up a system to get code to/from the A2000, and a copy of the game-shell resides here now. I'll post what I've been tinkering with tomorrow.


Cheers.

No comments: